DJI have released a new firmware for the Phantom 4 that corrects some issues and adds other functionality. Firmware v1.1.410 is now available to install.
NOTE: This firmware INCLUDES A BATTERY UPDATE, make sure you update spare batteries ( steps are below ).
Follow the below steps to update.
1. Added a feature to automatically turn off the Front LED while shooting still photos or videos. Enable
this feature in the “Camera Settings” section of the DJI GO app.
2. Optimized altitude adjustment logic so that the aircraft automatically adjusts its altitude according to
changes in terrain while using ActiveTrack (available when the aircraft is flying within 10 meters of the
3. Optimized camera and lens spectrum parameters.
4. Improved Propeller Guard recognition to reduce the chances of misdetection.
5. Changed the notification tone for gimbal initialization.
What You Need:
Before you start the update, you will need to make sure of the following.
1: Phantom 4 battery is at least 50%
2: Mobile device is at least 50%
3: The SD card is IN the Phantom 4.
4: You have the USB OTG ( on-the-go ) cable that came with the Phantom and also the USB cable used to attach your mobile device to the RC.
5: You have internet connection on the mobile device.
6: A few minutes of your time.
The Aircraft Update Process:
Here is a video guide to updating the Phantom 4 via the DJI GO APP. Pictorial update guide below.
6: The update can take up to 15 minutes and the Phantom 4 many flash it’s lights and make sounds, wait to be prompted by the App that it is complete. You can now power OFF the Phantom 4 and disconnect the cables.
The Spare Batteries Update Process:
4: After the Phantom initializes, the App will prompt you then the firmware is inconsistent, slide the “Slide to update” button to begin the update process. takes about a minute. The GO App will inform you when the process is complete.
The below video shows the update process as seen on the back of the battery.