DJI have just release firmware version 220.127.116.11 for the osmo RAW ( Osmo with X5R camera/gimbal ). The release details are below. The one interesting addition to this firmware is a ability to REVERSE the e joystick control function for the tilt and pan axes. This has long been a request from users. Hopefully it will appear in the firmware for the standard X3 and also the X5 camera soon.
Install this firmware following the SD card method mentioned.
1. Support for the Zenmuse X5R gimbal and camera, as well as the Single Shot, Multiple Shot, Interval Shot, Video
and Audio Recording features.
2. Improved Zenmuse X5R camera stabilization.
3. Added reverse joystick control function for the tilt and pan axes. Enable this function under “Gimbal Settings”
in DJI GO.
4. Fixed the red tone on high ISO photos for the Zenmuse X5R camera.
5. Fixed the focus breathing issue associated with recording 4K video using D-Log in M mode for the Zenmuse
1. Only upgrade your firmware by downloading the firmware, loading the .bin file onto the Micro SD card, and
inserting the card into the camera. Do not use other methods for upgrading. Ensure the battery is fully charged.
2. Firmware version v18.104.22.168 should be displayed in DJI GO after the upgrade. Be sure to connect your mobile
device to the Internet before connecting to the Osmo RAW’s Wi-Fi network so that the correct firmware
version is displayed in DJI GO.
3. The Zenmuse X5R gimbal and camera can be used on the Inspire 1 RAW after upgrading the firmware on the
Osmo RAW. The Osmo handle can also be used with the Zenmuse X3 and Zenmuse X5.
SD Card Update Method
1: Download the latest firmware for the osmo from DJI’s site – http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
2: Extract the downloaded file ( OSMO_FC550R_FW_V01.01.00.10.zip ) and copy the OSMO_FC550R_FW_V01.01.00.10.bin file to your SD card.
3: With the OSMO powered OFF, put the SD card in the camera and power ON the Osmo
4: The Osmo will start to update automatically. Can take between 25 and 30 minutes.
5: Wait for the Osmo Camera Status light to change into a SOLID GREEN and you hear the D-DD beep.
6: Power the OSMO OFF and back ON and check it connects to the DJI Go App.
INFO: If the firmware update fails, the sound produced by the Osmo will be a D-D-D-D beep. Try the update again. Leave it to go for longer as its likely you turned it off too early.
The DJI Go App should show firmware version 22.214.171.124 after the Update is successful ( if it says Unknown or something else, ignore it as long as the version numbers are correct for the various modules ).
After installing the firmware you will have two log files generated on the SD card